- paper plates
- large crafting sticks
- masking tape
- pink, green, and black tempera paint
- cotton swabs
- Begin by flipping the paper plate over so the bottom is facing up. Invite your child to paint the center of the paper plate with pink tempera paint as shown. Painting is a great way for kids to work on developing fine motor skills!
2. Kids can paint the rim of the paper plate with green tempera paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
3. Once the paint has dried, invite your child to use a cotton swab dipped in black tempera paint to add the seeds!
4. Once the black paint has completely dried, fold the paper plate in half.
5. Open the plate and use masking tape to attach a large craft stick for the handle of the fan. Adults can use a stapler around the outer rim of the plate to seal the edges of the plate shut.
6. Now you’re ready to cool down this summer with this easy and fun watermelon fan craft for kids!
This paper watermelon fan craft would be a great activity for the kids to do indoors since it’s too hot to go outside.
What are your favorite easy crafts for kids? Do you have a go-to project to keep your kids busy, or something they love to come back to time after time? Share your ideas with us in the comments. Our community of moms would love to hear your favorites.