I can’t even begin to tell you how fun it is to see all the wonder and the magic in my children’s eyes as they get to experience Christmas this year. From now until New Year, we are surrounded by holiday festivals, local markets, Christmas trees, and Christmas Lights in Phoenix! Hopefully, this is getting you into that holiday spirit. For us it’s the Christmas lights that do it – hands down! Whether you’re up for a drive through some local neighborhoods or you’re into more of the big time light shows, there’s something for everyone in the valley this winter.
- Christmas at the Princess: The Princess has been holding this event for several years now and this is at the top of our list! Visit the website for more info HERE.
- ZooLights: We’ve been several times and we’ll be going again this year. The zoo is one of our favorite places to visit. Visit the website for more info HERE.
- Glendale Glitters: Admission is FREE. More info and schedule HERE.
- Luminarias at the Desert Botanical Gardens: I’m planning this as a date night for my hubby and me. There’s live music, beautiful scenery and wine… need I say more?! More info HERE.
- CitySkate in Downtown Phoenix: A real ice skating ring, a 36 foot Christmas tree and Christmas themed movie nights. Movie schedule and more info HERE.
- Carefree Christmas Festival: Fresh snow, lights, seasonal shopping, and an electric light parade Saturday night. I’ll be there on Saturday night for the light parade. My hubby will be driving one of the trucks in the parade! Website and more info HERE.
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park Holiday Lights: Enjoy a festive train ride through displays and Christmas lights. This park is so much fun to go to on a normal day, so we can’t wait to visit with the bonus of all the lights! Visit website HERE.
- Phoenix Children’s Museum: Pictures with Santa. Love love love the Children’s Museum and it’s a great place to hit up for a group play date or if it’s cold or rainy outside. More info and tickets HERE.
What are your favorite places to go with the family during the holidays? Any favorite holiday traditions you would like to share? I’d love to hear them all! My in-laws would always take the kids out on Christmas Eve to look at lights in their PJs, and in my family, we always had a huge breakfast Christmas morning while we played with our presents. I can’t wait to make our own family’s holiday traditions that my babes remember when they’re older. Happy Holidays everyone!