Another Foodie Friday Recipe from Dala over at Thyme & Tamarind. Seriously ladies…sweets are my weakness. Nothing is too rich for this gal…mega thankful for my height from my dad because of one major sweet tooth. This week I selected a treat heading into sweet Saturday! Oreos + cheesecakes = two of my absolute fav desserts. Only thing is I do prefer a double stuff Oreo. I wish I was snacking on one right now. OK who am I kidding…maybe one row. Ha! So I know you’re ready for the recipe. Here it is:
Mini Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Perfectly sized for an almost guilt-free feeling!
Prep Time / 15 min | Cook Time / 35 min | Total Time / 50 min
18 whole Oreo cookies
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
12 oz of cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
6-8 roughly chopped Oreo cookies
18 cupcake liners
- Set the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until you’ve reached a fine crumb texture. In a mixing bowl, combine the fine Oreo crumbs and the butter. Mix well until combined.
- Press approximately 1 tbs of the mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press down with your fingers to achieve a flat crust.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Add the vanilla, eggs, and salt and mix until combined. Add the roughly chopped Oreo cookies and fold gently into the cream cheese mixture with a spoon.
- Fill each cupcake liner until 3/4 inch full. Bake for 25 minutes and then allow to cool for at least an hour. Once the mini cheesecake bites have cooled to room temperature, pop them in the fridge for at least an hour before enjoying.
I added a mini Oreo cookie on top of each cheesecake bite for extra cuteness!
recipe + photography via Dala Al-Fuwaires (fabulous foodie / Owner of Thyme & Tamarind)