Hi!! We are back and the West Valley Cooking Club has not only started back up after a small break but it has grown! We are so excited to have new members and as always we love our times together! We missed some of our regulars but a small group was nice too! Though the week was pretty windy it died down and warmed up a little so we were fortunate enough to eat outside! This was our kick off meal to talk about the rest of the year and get to know our new ladies! A round table meal means everyone brought a different portion of the meal! Fun and fancy drinks, hummus with crackers for an appetizer and some fantastic sides! Our main dish was turkey chili and made by our newest friend who came for the first time! It was less than 5 minutes before we are talking like old friends! Cornbread, Greek pasta salad and potato salad to go with the meal and of course it ended with snicker doodle brownies and chocolate chip cookies… whew! Is anyone else hungry?
Well today I am going to share with you two of the recipes that I have never tried before!! I really liked them and will be adding them to our monthly meal plans! Krystle impressed us again with a fabulous Greek Pasta salad!!
- 1 box bowtie pasta
- 2 medium cucumbers sliced and quartered
- 4 Roma Tomatoes diced into large pieces
- 3/4 cup Kalamata Olives
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan shredded
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 2 cups Italian dressing more or less depending on your taste
- Cook bow tie pasta as directed on the box.
- Toss all ingredients together. This salad can be served warm or cold and adding chicken would also be a fabulous idea!
The other yummy recipe I am sharing with you is the delicious Snicker doodle Blondies!!!
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly in a prepared pan.
5. In a small bowl combine white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.
7. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife or use cookie cutters.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Well there you have it!! Some awesome recipes for you all to try!! Remember we still have a few spots open and would love to have you join us at our monthly clubs! If you are interested email [email protected]