I love baby showers, and I love births, and I love birthdays. I don’t always love shopping for them. Mostly because I never know what would be most helpful to get the mom to be or the new baby. Some people really need all the baby essentials, but others would far more enjoy super cute outfit. Most of the time, I feel like you can’t go wrong with a homemade gift. I especially feel this way for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th babies. It’s also fun to throw in a little love for the older children and maybe even mom!
Here’s something I recently made for a mother expecting her 3rd girl.
Here’s the instructions:
- felt circles (1 per flower)
- t-shirt yarn (a strip of t-shirt, pulled; 1 per flower)
- fabric glue or hot glue (I use fabric for items like onsies that will be washed and hot glue for items like clips that won’t be washed)
- tie a know in the end of the yarn
- glue knot in the center of the felt
- wind and twist around the knot, gluing occasionally as you go round and round until you reach the outside
- glue the end of the yarn to the back of the felt
You can glue clips the back and use them as hair clips.
You can attach the clips to t-shirt yarn head bands. Click here to see how to make these.
You can sew them to a onsie.
Or there are an endless number of other places you can attach these cute little flowers…bags, shirts, scarfs, pillows.