Women and moms with a ton of responsibilities often find it difficult to make it to the gym every day. But the good news is that you can bring the gym home with the simplest yet highly efficient home workout equipment like the kettlebell.
Home kettlebell workouts offer excellent benefits, such as:
- They build strength.
- They instantly burn calories.
- They relieve muscle stiffness.
- They ensure a full-body workout in as little as 30 minutes.
Here are some great kettlebell workouts for women that you can do to reap amazing benefits:
Kettlebell Deadlift – Kettlebell deadlift is a beginner kettlebell workout that challenges multiple muscle groups, including hamstrings, quadriceps, lower back, glutes, forearms, and the core.
Follow these steps to do a kettlebell deadlift:
- Stand with your feet apart with the kettlebell placed in the middle.
- Bend in a way that your hips are above the knees and the shoulders above the hips. Ensure that the neck and the chest stay in a neutral position and the back is flat.
- Press your feet firmly into the ground and try to lift the kettlebell while squeezing the glutes.
- Maintain tension in the lower part of your body.
- Return to the starting position while relaxing your glutes.
Kettlebell Swing – A super effective kettlebell exercise for women, kettlebell swing helps transit from the strength phase of deadlift to the power phase. It engages the core like no other exercise.
Here are a few simple steps to perfecting kettlebell swing for women:
- Stand with your feet apart – slightly more than the hip-width.
- Bend and pick up the cast iron kettlebell. Make sure your palms face the body.
- Swing your hips backward and take the kettlebell between your legs.
- Then swing your hip in the forward direction while swinging the kettlebell in front of the body. When doing this, make sure your glutes and core are tight.
- Do 12 to 15 reps and make sure your hip strength is used instead of arm strength.
Kettlebell Snatch – A perfect home kettlebell workout, kettlebell snatch works on the entire body and builds power, strength, and cardiovascular fitness simultaneously.
Follow these steps to do a kettlebell snatch:
- Do a kettlebell swing.
- After the initial low swing, keep your arm close to the body, extend knees and hips, and use the kettlebell’s inertia to pull the arm forward.
- Pull the kettlebell with the hip moving it rapidly and snatch it with one hand and inhale during the upswing.
- As the kettle accelerates upwards, insert the palm into the handle and let momentum take the kettlebell over the head.
- Now drop the kettlebell while connecting your arm to the torso and changing the hand back to the grip position.
- Continue the downward fall and let the kettlebell swing back behind you.
- Repeat this rhythmic motion.
Kettlebell Goblet Lunge – Another great kettlebell workout for women, the goblet lunge targets glutes, hip flexors, calves, outer thighs, biceps, and shoulders. Here are the steps to do it:
- Pick the kettlebell up with both hands and hold it under your chin.
- Lunge out, making sure both the knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Stand back up, bringing both feet together.
- Repeat the motion with your other leg.
Farmer’s Carry – One of the most effective kettlebell workouts, farmer’s carry targets the core, the upper body, and the lower body. Here are the steps to do it:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart with one kettlebell in each hand.
- Lift one leg with your knee in line with the hip.
- Bring the leg down and repeat the same with the other leg.
- Do 12 reps with the back upright.
Kettlebell Gorilla Row – Another super effective kettlebell exercise for women, gorilla row is great to increase back strength. Here’s how to do it:
- Place two kettlebells between your feet and stand with your feet more than hip-width apart.
- Bend with your shoulders above your hips and hold one kettlebell in each hand. Make sure your back is flat.
- Lift one kettlebell and bring it near your ribcage.
- Bring it down and lift the other to the same position.
- Repeat it till 12 to 15 reps.
As explained above, kettlebell home workouts offer several benefits, and the best part is that you can start kettlebell training with just one piece of equipment. For busy moms planning a workout is difficult, but in any case, with a bit of planning it can be done and the goal can be achieved. So, order the best home gym equipment’s and start your fitness journey right away.
Sancket Kamdar is a certified weightlifting coach, and a successful entrepreneur founded SF HealthTech with a single goal in mind – to bring high quality, international standard exercise equipment to help fitness enthusiasts and athletes reach the next level of fitness. When he’s not working on new equipment ideas and designs, he loves to create educational content about health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness. He also writes to help budding entrepreneurs on running and growing a business, based on his experience.