We are loving the holidays over at SEE Salt tv. This season we are especially drawn to anything that is delicious and simple. I adore this WAY TOO SIMPLE recipe and am so thankful to my sweet Swedish friend for sharing it with me. We are thrilled to now pass it on to you.
- 4 green apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 6½ tbsp. butter
- ½ tbsp. butter for baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 390°F
- Peal the apples and slice 1/4″ thick
- Butter a baking dish and spread out the apples in the dish or divide into 3-4 small ramekins
- With fingers combine sugar, flour and butter to make crumb topping
- Cover the apples with the dough crumbs and bake for 15-20 minutes
It is that simple. You didn’t miss anything, really! I have been able to make this by memory over at friends houses on a whim and everyone is so impressed with how simply yummy it is. Your welcome!
My little Sweet Caroline approves as well!!
Photos courtesy of Amy Frances Photography.