Shaving…ugh! It is probably the part of my beauty routine that I dislike the most. Since we still have at least a couple more months of wearing shorts here in Phoenix, I thought I would share some shaving tips to help make the dreaded task as efficient as possible.
1. Always exfoliate before shaving. This way you can get a close shave without that extra layer of dead skin which also will build up on your razor blades. Just make sure you don’t go to overboard with the exfoliating because you don’t want the newly exposed skin to be too sensitive.
2. Let your skin soak for a few minutes in the tub/shower before shaving. This allows the hairs to soften up and makes it easier to shave. Don’t soak for too long though because your skin retains water and starts to swell after a few minutes making it harder to get a close shave. I usually get in the shower, wash my hair and apply conditioner. Then, I shave as the conditioner is sitting on my hair.
3. Change your razor blades often. As the blades become dull, you have to go over the same spot multiple times which leaves more chance for irritation. Also, blades can become rusty which can lead to infections even with the tiniest nicks.
4. Make sure your skin is wet and always use shaving cream. I honestly don’t think there is anything special about the fancy, expensive shaving creams and prefer cheaper brands and a lot of the time men’s shaving cream. You can also use hair conditioner, making sure to really rinse out your razor so it doesn’t clog up your blades.
5. After shaving, dry off by patting your skin with a towel. Avoid rubbing and leaving some moisture for your skin to continue soaking up is good. Also, you might want to apply lotion or oil. Watch out for scents or anything else that might irritate your newly smooth skin, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Hope these tips help keep your legs looking and feeling smooth! I would love to hear any other tips you might have!