Make sure to make a batch of bath scrub this holiday season! Not just for you but for all your loved ones that deserve some pampering!
A handmade gift lets someone feel extra special because rather than giving a store-bought present, you chose to put your time creating something. Without a doubt, the person who will receive it will feel nothing but positive vibes.
Body scrubs are a mechanical exfoliant, meaning they physically remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin with abrasive ingredients, like sugar or salt. This stimulates skin cell turnover, resulting in smoother, brighter skin and possibly preventing future acne breakouts. This easy recipe only requires 3 ingredients! You can whip it up in minutes and it makes the perfect gift for mothers, friends, neighbors, teachers, teens and pre-teens!
You will only need 3 ingredients (yes you read that right- only 3!)
- 2 Cups Epsom Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- Essential oils/food coloring of choice
- Measure the Epsom salt into a large bowl (2 Cups Epsom Salt)
- Measure the coconut oil (1 Cup Coconut Oil) and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Combine the Epsom salt and the melted coconut oil and stir until mixed.
- Add an essential oil of your choice traditionally 5 or more drops.
- If you are adding food coloring: Mix the food coloring with the Epsom salt mixture until the color is thoroughly blended.
- Choose a container or jar with a lid of your choice. (Using a Mason jar would make the perfect gift for your loved ones)